February 8th in Connecticut

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: February 8th in Connecticut
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 17:29:40 EST
I just had an excelllent day. . . . .just have to share it. . . .
Two out of three offspring are away for the weekend meaning my "carting
about" duties were minimised!
At 8am i started charging the 72 whilst removing a few more bits from
"that which may not be discussed" which will finish off the interior of
the 70GT.
The 72 started effortlessly once charged so i set off in good weather to
"visit" the 70 which is still getting prepared for safety inspection.I
took with me copies of last weeks postings on turn signals/hazard light
problems and fixed both WITHIN AN HOUR! - Thanks to all, i had
anticipated either spending the rest of the winter trying to do it or
paying someone  hundreds! The car will be ready as soon as Mr.Moss sends
the licence plate lights and the valves/carbs are finished - It is fairly
urgent since CT only has one "old fashioned" inspection station left that
is closing end feb and i have to get all three cars through before than-
believe me, no B is ever going to pass a computerised brake test in this
state after that!!
I then "visited" the 69 which is still - i said STILL at the body shop
for some very minor work - I havnt been chasing him because frankly its
been free winter storage since december 4th but how many places take two
months plus to get round to a job???
very apologetic and it will be done "for sure" this week - watch this
space...
I ran the 69 for an hour to blow it out - a little rough but not bad for
a" totally toxed" CA engine- If i am ever going to have a show-car, this
one will be it...
To finish the day i took the 72 for a 112 mile run to make sure it was
charged!!!
I confess to only having the top down for about 20 minutes but then it IS
February!
Rambling finished....I hope some of the rest of you got out today - I
have proved yet again that MG produced the second greatest stress
reliever known to man!!!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster (cooling off in the garage,.......)