cable lubrication

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cable lubrication
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 00:17:29 EST
Someone posted the suggestion about taping a Ziploc bag to the end of the
cable, filling the bag with oil, and letting the oil drip through.  My
speedo cable is hanging in the garage with a bag full of 20W-50 (stupid
me) taped to it.  I already have a few drops of dirty oil below.  Thanks
for the suggestion:  it seems to work well.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

If only I had a little thinner oil on hand...I think I am going to have
to wait for next Spring before all the oil gets through.