Re: Midget Ignition

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Ignition
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@west.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:25:05 -0800
RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-02-10 13:03:36 EST, macy@bbl.psycha.upenn.edu (Larry
> Macy, Ph.D.) writes:
>
> << I am trying to locate a Midget Ignition switch with keys for a '78 ('75
> and
>  later should work). Moss and VB do not have them.
>   >>
> Larry,
>
> Actually, they are... try VB P/N 0-317 $139.95 You will loose the seat belt
> alarm wire (if you care). You may have to reuse the connectors from your old
> switch.
>
> R. Johnson - Dallas

OOps.  The VB and Moss part are the RV8 ignition lock.  It will bolt
into the car but it does not have provision for the anti-run on circuit.
On some later cars it is really necessary to stop dieseling.  If you are
running non stock carburation or ignition specs you may be able to get
away without it.
       The good news is that the BHA5292 ignition switch (the little
black one) is soon to be back in production.  I have tried a
pre-production sample and it looks ok.  Fingers crossed that the
production ones will be good too.

Good luck, Kelvin.

ps If you really get stuck, I do have a used lock and switch available.