Re: tonneau bars, et al

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Subject: Re: tonneau bars, et al
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:47:31 -0600
At 12:28 PM 2/11/97 EST, you wrote:
>This question has mystified me for years.  The sockets that hold the
>tonneau rail bolt to the same location as the base for the folding top.
>If you want to put the tonneau rail across, do you have to remove the top
>frame, or do the sockets for the rail bolt on top of the base for the
>folding top?

Thomas-

The tonneau rail plugs into a vertical rectangular socket which is part of a
plate that attaches directly to the bulkhead.  The folding top frame base
attaches inboard of the plate with the same three bolt mounting pattern that
the plate uses. The top frame base has spacers approximately 1/4" long which
keeps the frame inside the tonneau rail. You do not have to remove the top
frame to use the tonneau rail - in fact - as best I can remember - you can
fold the top and frame with the tonneau rail installed.

Regards,

Rich
'73B
e-mail----> rmason@ro.com