Fwd: Editors list/another address

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Editors list/another address
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 06:38:03 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-11 20:06:17 EST, jdotten@cnilink.com (Jere Dotten)
writes:

<< Hi,

 We agree with the week of May 12th - 18th for the first annual British Car
 Week.  I'll make an official announcement about the date at our club
 meeting unless I hear otherwise.  Also I would like to make an addition to
 your club Editors list.  Please add:

 Bonita Dotten
 Central Florida Triumph Register
 102 Garfield Rd
 Deltona, Fl  32725
 jdotten@cnilink.com

 Also I would like to remind all interested that the Thirteenth Annual All
 British Day '97 (cars, cycles, and games) in Winter Park, Florida will
 take place at Fleet Peeple's Park in Winter Park, Florida on April 12,
 1997. >>

---------------------

----------
> From: Trmgafun@aol.com
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net; Healeys@autox.team.net; mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: British Car Week update
> Date: Tuesday, February 11, 1997 6:08 PM
>
> Greetings everyone!!
>
> To bring people up to speed who may have missed earlier postings on this
> subject, the following is a letter submitted by Peter Schauss concerning
> Peter Egans Road and Track column.  I originally tried to send an
editors
> address list (submitted to me by Jamie Palmer) with this but my computer
> didn't like it, so look for it seporately.  This list can be used by all
of
> us to notify club members and magazine editors of the British Car Week.

> of _Road and Track_ in which he laments the fact that he never sees
> the old sports cars on the road anymore.  I believe that this calls for
> a response from us and I have a suggestion.  Designate a week in late
> spring as "Drive your sports car week".  During this week, we would all
> make every effort to drive our LBCs as much as we could, even to work
> for those of us who feel safe doing so.  The idea would be to get our
> cars out on the road where people can see them.  My vote would be the
> middle of May, say May 12-18.    This should be late enough that that
> the snow will be melted almost all parts of the country.  Also it
> should give those of us with winter projects (like the sills and rockers
> on my MG) to have them completed.
>
> Let's get our cars out of our garages for a week and let the rest of the
> world see what MGs, Triumphs, Austin-Healeys, Jaguars and all of the
> rest of them look like.<<<<
>

>  I for one, agree with his choice of May 12th - 18th, this is a good
time of
> year to kick off the summer driving season.  If no objections then we
can
> christen this years week as the first annual British Car Week.  AND PASS
THE