Re: Jaguar/cheetah

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: Jaguar/cheetah
From: Paul Murch <murch@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:46:27 -0700
Michael,

I have seen some stuff on the Cheetah. It was built by Bill Thomas.  It has
gull wings and looks like a mutant corvette of sorts...I have the A to Z of
Sports cars by Mike Lawrence (good book by the way) and it shows the car and
states that it has no drive shaft: the transmition is hooked to the rear end
by a U- Joint...

I have question to throw into the thread about distributors.  I am wondering
the relative merits of the stock distributor vrs the malory dual point and
an electronic ignition... I like the idea of electronic ignition and it's
trouble free nature but how are they curved (programed?) are they designed
with performance in mind or the EPA?  Are there different types of e-ignitions
for different applications?

Paul Murch
SLC- where is spring?
66B

ably be discussing der
>Volkes "Focke" or perhaps der Mercedes "Wulfe".  A Jaguar is one of the
>fastest, if not the fastest animals living, an attribute,(speed), shared

 It seems to me both the names are entirely
>appropriate, as possibly,was (is) the name Mustang, ( a horse a lot
>slower than a Jaguar) both of which I have driven and flown.
>
>Geoff Love, The English Connection.

Geoff,
  A jaguar is a South American cat resembling a leopard and not particularly
fast. As a jungle cat it IS quick, but could not run down a mustang. The
cheetah  is the 'fastest' animal, but even its speed is sustained only in
burst. I remember that there was a car called the Cheetah, who made it?
Also, the Ocelot?
 Michael, New Bern, NC