Re: Kimber trivia...

To: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Subject: Re: Kimber trivia...
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:01:56 -0600
At 08:00 AM 2/14/97 -0800, you wrote:

>McComb states that N stands for open, and D for closed.  This gives us all
>some indication of what those letters stand for.  It made me laugh out
>loud!
>
>Nina

Well....maybe there is some logic there. Open and Closed would have
abbreviated as "O" and a "C", which would look a lot alike when stamped.
Someone may have had a bright idea to use the "N" and "D" to avoid any
confusion, and just made a decision on the fly! No committee! The assembly
line kept rolling instead of waiting for a decision...

Just a thought.

Carol (who has no idea what she's talking about!)