Rear End Problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear End Problems
From: tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM (Tom Wagner - Program Manager)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:34:51 -0600
To All:

Here is another problem that may be coming up
as I think the car is acting strangly.

#1 When in reverse, there is a noticable clunk
   on the left side, just one time when first moving
   the car. No other time after the car is moving.

    I have the parts needed to do the thrust washers
    and thrust pinion, but I am not sure that this is
    the problem.  I have checked the rear shock to make
    sure that it is toped up with fluid and made sure the
    wheel is able to move freely.  To some replacing these
    parts maybe easy, but I am not looking forward to it
    because of the time involved, especially since I would
    like to drive the car.
    So is there somethingelse to look for????

#2 Also when the car is moving there is a noticeable
   amount of drag when moving backwards and the drag
   appears to be in the right side rear.  I have checked
   the brakes on both sides and they both appear to be
   okay.  The wheels when they are jacked up off the ground
   move freely.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Wagner