1500cc Engines and Strombergs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500cc Engines and Strombergs
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 20:37:30 -0500
My car is a 1975 Midget 1500 with the Triumph 1500cc engine
same as the Spitfire.

  My Stromberg is the usual 150CD, and works alright but like
any one of that age, could probably use a once-over. The
dashpots empty themselves fairly quickly, for example.

  A friend had a pair of Strombergs left over from his
TR6, so I got them intending to rebuild one slowly and
carefully and then install it into my Midget.

  Of course, as a lot of you probably already knew,
they aren't the same stromberg, which I learned when
I saw them. These are a pair of 175CD-2s. Oh well.

  Couple of questions, What are the differences? I am
guessing that the numeric part of the name is the
size in inches, with mine being 1.5 inches and these
being 1.75 inches?

  Also, is there a comprehensive list of Stromberg details
somewhere out there? My stromberg does not have the
vacuum advance line on the "back" (left side for an
air molecule going into the engine) because my car is
a later car that had vacuum retard off of the manifold.

  Any Stromberg mavens out there?