Re: safety inpections - part whatever.

To: "MICHAEL J ROBSON" <miker15@juno.com>, <dr-doug@msn.com>
Subject: Re: safety inpections - part whatever.
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@alpha.shianet.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 20:49:15 -0500
Mike,

As someone from a state that doesn't require this kind of headache yet
(knock on wood), I have never run across this type of situation. I
understand what they are trying to test is the equalization of brake force
applied to the two rear wheels. I just don't quite understand the system
they are using to gauge it, and what these percentages represent. It seems
if one wheel is doing all the stopping, that would be 100% and the other
0%. Where does 156% and 91% come into the picture? It has been a long week,
and I may be missing the obvious, but could you give a brief explanation of
how this system works?

                                                     Mike Ellsworth
                                                     71 Midget