Care and Feeding of new MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Care and Feeding of new MGA
From: gaughan@highway1.com (Bob Gaughan)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:28:52 -0500
I'll be purchasing an MGA in the Southeast and having it transported up
to Massachusetts in March.

Some questions:

1.)  When I see it, if I like it, I plan on buying it and having it
transported.  Does it make sense to give him a check for the full
amount, get the title and rely on him to have it available to be
transported at some future date.  In other words, is there a better way
of doing it.

2.) Regarding transport- any specific recommendations as vendors or on
the other side, recommendations on who to stay away from.  Specifics
that I should be aware of?

3.)  Thoughts concerning inspection, registration, insurance in
Massachusetts?  in general?

4.)  What I should I have on hand as a near term "survival kit".  That
is, the proper fluids- brake, clutch, oil, carburetor oil.  Unleaded
gas?

5.)  Anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks, Bob Gaughan
gaughan@highway1.com