Made in "Chaiwan!"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Made in "Chaiwan!"
From: Nick Benson <nbenson@ci.fort-collins.co.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:24:22 -0700
Interesting comments on this "thread" about the quality of parts
from Asian countries.

Yes, I agree completely that there are many parts made in England
and the USA that are badly engineered and don't perform how
they are supposed to, but at least they are making the effort to
"get-it-right."

And "getting it right" means more than the how the part performs.
 It means a reasonable wage, (more than a dollar per hour), it
means safety standards for workers, reasonable working
conditions, health coverage, workers' compensation, etc, etc.

 Show me that these benefits exist in Mexico or Asia, and I'll start
to buy "stuff" made there.

Now do you all get it?

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Construction Management and Manufacturing
Technology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins   CO