LBC Insurance and stuff

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBC Insurance and stuff
From: clark chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:36:04 -0600
To follow the thread on insurance, I recently purchased a 80 MGB LE and
insured it with State Farm Ins. Co..  I have used State Farm for 40
years with God knows how many cars, boats, motorcycles, etc., including
an assortment of LBC’s.

I insured the 80 B with zero comprehensive as I have on my other two
cars.  As a note, they had the best rate on the 80 B and it reduced the
rates on my ‘96 Grand Cherokee and ‘95  929.  One week after buying the
car, a rock hit the windscreen dead center.  Long story short, the
windscreen was correctly replaced, no problem, with extra labor allowed
to R&R the frame and replace the seal.  I purchased the seal (reimbursed
by State Farm) plus all the other rubber components from Special
Interest Car Parts.

My total out of pocket was $50.00 extra labor for my parts plus about
$30.00 for the rubber parts including the sunvisor clips.  The LBC looks
great and another step toward restoration complete.

Also, I have had very good luck, service and lower prices dealing with
Special Interest.  If anyone has had other experiences or knows better,
please let me know what to watch for.   Vickie Britt and Moss have also
been reliable, though Moss seems is little more snobbish or less
friendly and higher priced than the others.

Disclaimer: I am in the retail and fast food businesses and in no way
financially involved, other than my premiums, with State Farm...
although, my current agent has his office in my building and he has a
great (read: young, cute, female) staff.

Disclaimer #2: Feminists, please do not flame me for the above comment,
I am very much for women’s lib... I have personally given two women
(plaintiffs) their freedom.

Clark Chilton
Memphis TN