RE: Scarborough Faire

To: "tallen" <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>, "tallen" <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>,
Subject: RE: Scarborough Faire
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 97 17:56:15 UT
Based on my experience it's a no brainer -  choose SC over VB (but I'm biased
because I've spent a fortune with VB in the early nineties and am not happy
with the quality after some use as well as the ever occurring backording (I
think I still have suff on backorder) AND have almost no experience with SC!!
- BUT - VB almost prides itself in the notion that they know very little about
LBCs (just talk to one of the order takers).

As an aside, I was talking to the fellow who owns Kirks auto refitters last
night (1 800 547-5747 or 319 323-1017) and he told me he would beat anyone's
price on a long list of items including seat stuff (I was discussing the
recovering of a set of 69C seats).  He is currently resleeving my C Roaster
master cylinder and is going the extra mile on some particulars regarding this
resleeving (PO had WIRED the reservoir the master to keep the two
connected!!).  He also advertises in the AMGCR (C registery) publication "C
notes" and has been praised a number of times by members in letters.  After
speaking with him I see why others think highly of him.  He's probably worth a
phone call .

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst
69 C GT