Re: the french thing

To: cadyxrh@ctxix.sod.eds.com
Subject: Re: the french thing
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 16:06:36 -0500 (EST)
Rich Cady wrote:

"How many Renault R5's (LeCar) do you see on the road these days?  or
Fuegos?"

If you want to see Renaults and Fiats ( although I can't imagine why anybody
would) go to Bogota, Colombia. About 80% of the cars there are one or the
other of these two brands, going back to the '60s, plus a sprinkling of
Chevettes, Pintos, etc. Just to make you feel good, the going price for a
1982 Chevette there is about $4000.00!! I believe if you wanted to get rid of
an '82 Chevette here, you would have to pay a junk dealer to haul it off.

On the other hand, if you are an old car nut like I am, Bogota is a good
place to see late '40s and '50s cars, still on the road, and in daily use!! I
about lost it when I saw a '54 Ford with the skylight roof being in use as a
Taxi!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN