Re: backfire city

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: backfire city
From: "Richard H. Cady" <cadyxrh@ctxix.sod.eds.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 97 13:37:57 PST
David,

When does the engine backfire?  After hard acceleration, or after shutting
the engine off?  Does it backfire through the exhaust or through the carb?
If its through the exhaust then your mixture is too rich.  We still need to
know when the backfire occurs to know if the rich mixture is from the
accelerator pump or the main fuel circuit of the carb.

Rich
1970 MGB roadster
from a 45DCOE back to SU's