RE: LBC's in very small scale?

To: Two00mph@aol.com, Two00mph@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: LBC's in very small scale?
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 02:31:33 UT
Last week I was at a model train show with my six year old.  I noticed a table
with many metal cast sport cars.  Of couse there were no Midgets Bs or Cs
(plenty of Fiats - go figure) but the fella did pull out a couple of
"incomplete" Cs and Midgets.  I looked at two Cs (a roadster and a GT) both of
which looked like they had belonged to my six year old for the last 5 years
(these were ROUGH) - but I figured what the heck who needs all the tires and
the windshield anyway - it had a bulge on the hood!!! - So I asked how much he
wanted for each (thinking I'd offer him $5 if he said $10 we'd settle on $7 or
$8 each).  Well, you guessed it - $75 each .... I'm still speechless - my jaw
still hurts from hitting the ground - I just kinda laughed and gave him a look
that asked if he thought I just came down with the last rainfall.

I did hear from some other vendors that the folks who make these models will
be coming out with a B and Midget sometime in 97.

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst
69 C GT
69 B Rdst