RE: Current favoured parts source for LGBC's (also other hues)

To: "Cliff Maddox" <maddox@pacbell.net>, "Cliff Maddox" <maddox@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: Current favoured parts source for LGBC's (also other hues)
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 13:50:37 UT

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-mgs@autox.team.net  On Behalf Of Cliff Maddox
Sent:   Wednesday, March 05, 1997 2:47 AM
To:     MG Forum

To one and all,
With all the commentary recently about parts sources I have been waiting for
some mention of the company I have been using for the last two years with
great success.  May I recommend Northwest British Imports.  I went to them for
MGA engine parts after Moss shipped me the wrong parts for the sixth
consequetive time. Honest to god I was finishing an 1800 "B" rebuild and every
time I opened the Moss box I was missing some key item and I had recieved in
it's place something like a Spitfire speedo cable or ?  Anyway I found these
guys through a add in Hemming's and their prices have (In my experience) been
better than Moss.    They have been super helpfull with any application
questions and every order for the last two years was absolutely correct.  They
even called me at work ounce to upologize for not having the rear wheel
cylinders that were part of my order...they were just out of stock and so I
was able to get them else where (No back-order).  But really....not one
shipping mistake in all this time.  Moss has nice catalog of parts but I just
got so (insert symbol for really upset here) ticked with bungled shipments
that I decided to shop around.
Also they have a Website with catalogue access at
http://www.classicar.com/vendors/nwimpprt/NIPCONT.HTM

Anyway that's probably more than enough on that topic.  My upologies for the
display of frustration.

Regards,

Thanks for the Vendor info Cliff - I think all the input on vendors will go a
long way to making all of us LBC enthusiast better shoppers (look out VB and
MOSS - the internet may be putting a damper on your marketing party).

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst (VB and MOSS part free - well - the newly rebuilt engine is)
69 C GT
69 B Rdst (mostly overpriced low quality parts from VB)
71 B GT (Interior from Moss - not bad but expensive)

Cliff Maddox
'65 Roadster
'57 Magnette