MGB Windshield - the Easy Way

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Windshield - the Easy Way
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:19:36 -0600
When the talk about the 'B windshield came up, I didn't understand what all
the griping was about.  I had no trouble getting mine off, and it came
apart readily.  OK, a couple of those screws on the bottom of the frame
were a little tough to get to.  Got the new glass in with no problem.

THEN, it was time to put the new body-to-frame rubber in the channel.
But today I stopped by the auto glass shop by my house.  Dropped off the
windshield and the rubber.  The guy looks at it, and says "Oh, MGB.  I used
to have one of those..."

He says yes, they're a pain, but he'll do it this afternoon.  "Come by
after work and pick it up.  $20."   Don't mind if I do.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@cryogen.com                                      Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB      "Damn the candles on the cake, crank up the rock & roll
  and slide the Triumph through the curves!" - TeriAnn Wakeman