Re: french cars

To: Thomas J Pokrefke <thomas_pokrefke@juno.com>
Subject: Re: french cars
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:36:34 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Thomas J Pokrefke wrote:

> I realize the thread is dead and run into the ground, but when the topic
> of french cars was brought up, I saw that no one mentioned the Renault
> A110.  This is a rally car that was sold to the public for homolgation
> purposes.

I saw one on a local used car lot a couple of years ago, and thought it
was very dramatic looking.  Because I spent lots of time driving Dauphines
in the the 60's, I was not very tempted.  Car manufacturers should realize
that a bad reputation lingers.   Successors to the A110 were not nearly
as attractive, IMHO.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910