mgb valve guide seals

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mgb valve guide seals
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:10:43 -0500
I am going to replace the valve guide seals on my '70B engine this spring.
While I was at GOF West, I met a fellow who worked in an MG restoration
shop in California.  He said that the best replacement valve seal was the
type used in Buick V6 engines.  He couldn't remember which engine but he
said that they were a perfect umbrella-type replacement and far better than
the original type.

Can anyone confirm this?  Can anyone tell me which seals to purchase.  I
plan to do this without removing the head - "the old rope trick".

John McEwen