Re: Austin Cambrian

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: Austin Cambrian
From: dfdarby@juno.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:25:42 PST
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:08:10 -0500 mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John
McEwen) writes:
>Ray is quite correct when he states that the Austin Cambrian was a
>re-badged Cambridge.  The car was sold in Canada and probably the US
>from
>some time after the introduction of the A55 until the advent of the
>Farina
>Austins.  There is one currently running in Edmonton which I have
>driven.
>
>John McEwen

Actually, the precursor to this model was the now largely forgotten
Precambrian model. These were made entirely of blue-green algae and, at
something over 570 million years of age, are among the earliest motor
vehicles on record. Known only from the fossil record, of course.

David F. Darby
Hilda, Missouri, USA