re:fuel pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:fuel pumps
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 12:06:48 -0500 (EST)
I just  bought a Purolator fuel pump for my 72/74 MGB.  It was on a rack with
fuel pumps marked Facet.  They were identical.  In fact the Purolator Pump has
small print that identifies it as a product of Facet.

The fuel pumps come in two pressure ranges.  1 1/2 to 4 psi and 4 to 7 psi. I
opted for the first.  Did I get the right one?

I'm glad to hear mg enthusiast accept an aftermarket "foreign" component.  I
have not driven my car yet, I'm still in the rebuild process.  My intention is
to make it as reliable as possible since, with a wife and 3 teenagers who are
drolling over it, it will be on the road alot.  I have heard that the oem pump
can be a problem.

Also,  I am missing all the linkage between the carbs.  Can anybody supply this
the complete linkage at a price less than the GDP of a small country?