Re: A nice day in Connecticut

To: dfdarby@juno.com
Subject: Re: A nice day in Connecticut
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 18:44:10 EST
Since there seems to be a bit of aggro in the air lately, (the notable
exceptions being the comparisons of LBCs to women....)I thought i would
bore the arse off you all with the wonderful day ive had!

I have been silent of late as my USR@X83 whatever mouse crapped out a few
days ago - mustve been a lucas subsidiary that makes kensington mice i
suppose.

Got the good word that the minor bodywork to the 69 is finished so i went
over to have a look - it has come out very well and now the car is in
great shape to ACTUALLY restore it! - I shall pick it up monday and see
how its running after more than 3 months idle - it starts but only
running on three - so i shall take the day off and bloody well fix it -
hows that for resolve AND a Vs up to authority!

The sun was shining today but only about 33 deg so i took the GT to the
only place in CT that sells vinyl paint and got their last two cans of
white - for the headliner surround and posts mostly, - thats a job for
tomorrow.
Then went to collect my son at a friends and take him to a basketball
game - all in all about 100 miles of delightful motoring, some highway -
yes - 4200rpm is about 90 in OD! and some nice New England curvy bits -
the women analogy again i suppose!

Made it back in time to run the 72 for about 45 mins - its a strange
thing but this car
(the engine is a 67) is faster than the other two by a great deal and i
decided to treat it to an OD next winter barring all other
accidents/cockups/unforeseen circs and the like.

Tonight i shall go into the basement and do something or other with a
rusty bit of metal or two - I hope all of you had as rewarding a day -
and cheer up!!!

mike robson
69 roadster (to be the finest in the realm - )
70 BGT
72 roadster