Rustproofing floors

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rustproofing floors
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 97 09:48:28 PST
This summer, I plan on addressing the surface (I hope) rust on the floors of my
MGB. The floor pans seem solid, I just want to neaten them up a bit and prevent
the rust from spreading.  I have a few questions:

1)  Should I remove the sound-deadening panels that are glued to the floor?
What is the best way to do this?

2)  After wire brushing the surface with my electric drill, I'd like to apply
some sort of rust reformer/inhibitor. Does anyone have experience with
Eastman's
Oxysolve or Corroless? They say you only have to remove the loose rust for
their
products to work.  Is this true?

3)  If I encounter any holes, what is the best way to deal with them? I've seen
some fillers that have metal in them.  Are they any better than Bondo?

4)  Should I replace the sound deadening material?  The little crevices it
creates make it hard to dry off the floors.  Is there a better sound deadending
material? Does it matter whether I paint before or after I install it?

5)  I have a set of rear rubber mats that I'd like to reuse.  However, the DPO
glued the carpet to them.  Is there a way to remove the old contact cement?
 Also, I'd like to remove the jute backing from the mats and replace it with
something that doesn't absorb water.  Any suggestions?

If you can answer any or all of these questions, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in
advance for your reponses.

Joseph
67 Roadster