Re: Alaska: Mosquito repeller

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Alaska: Mosquito repeller
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:40:35 -0500
Carol (by way of Gregg Baker <gbaker@customcpu.com>) wrote:

> Barney, Bob, Dick, et al, and list:
>
> I was looking through a JC Whitney catalog the other day and found
> something that you may find helpful ( if it works!) for the MG trip to
> Alaska.
>
> There is an ultrasonic mosquito repeller that looks sort of like a car
> alarm key fob that is supposed to repel mosquitoes. It costs $3.95, takes
> one AA battery, and is supposed to be effective for 10 feet. Clips on your
> person on hangs "wherever."
>
> Maybe the Alaska readers could attest to whether or not the thing is
> effective. I may get one just to try it out here. We have mosquitoes, too,
> just not as big!
>
> Carol
>
> All,
>   I have never used the ultrasonic thing but more importantly haven't heard
> anyone tout them.  If they did the job I can PROMISE you I would know.  Take
> chemicals and maybe headnets.
>   Baker

I agree.  Having met the kind that carry moose away, I can attest to
their prowess.  I can safely say that Avon "Skin-so-soft" works.  It is
better on your skin than DEET and smells better.  You only have to
remember to re-apply it frequently, because your skin has a tendency to
absorb it.  You may also try to take maxi doses of vitamin B complex
starting about a week before you go.  It really does work.   Makes the
skeeters hate your skin. True!

Cheers,

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB