Re: springs and 2x4 's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: springs and 2x4 's
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 12:33:13 -0500 (EST)

>     Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 20:27:00 -0500
>     From: charles fowler <cdfowler@atl.mindspring.com>
>     Subject: OK, how do I do THIS???!!

>I have the MOTHER of all MG problems in trying to reinstall my front
>springs.  First of all, the engine is out of the car, so the front end is
>light.

*Ah, the old engine-is-out-of-the-car-and-the-front-end-is-too-light
*problem.  Are you in a garage?  Does it have a ceiling?  Do you have a
*nice long 2 x 4 handy?  That's how I did it....

 *                      A. B. Bonds

  Having investigated a large number of industrial accidents,  this method
makes me very nervous.   I would only recommend working on the springs if they
were mechanically locked.  i.e. spring compresser, etc.

Ray W.