Re: convertible top install

To: glen.christian@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: convertible top install
From: Larryhoy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 23:34:45 -0500 (EST)
Glen here's what I did when I installed my top.  I sprayed the header rail
and the top with the strongest grade of 3M contact adhesive (90%?).  I
fastened the rail to the car and put the top in place.  I stretched the top
over the rail until there were no wrinkles, let the adhesive set and finished
by folding the top edge under the aluminum channel.

I have been told that on the vinyl tops you may want to leave a little room
for shrinkage, while on the fabric tops you may want them taught.

Good luck

Larry Hoy
1969 MGB