Re: CA SB42, the 25 year smog bill

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: CA SB42, the 25 year smog bill
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:40:47 EST
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 23:36:35 -0500 (EST) TATERRY@aol.com writes:
>This Bill passed out of the Senate committee by a 8 to 1 vote....the
>only one
>to vote against it was Johnston...if he is your senator you need to
>deluge
>him with mail.
>
>Now it goes to the Assembly, so we need letter to
>Assemblymen/women.....This
>is a major step and victory for the old car hobby...come on guys, get
>those
>modems going.

Apparently, when it goes before the Senate, there is a strong chance it
will be amended to increase the exemption age from 25 years to 30 years.
While this is still better than leaving the cut-off fixed at 1965, it
would be better as originally proposed by Senator Kopp.

So, when you contact your senator/assemblyman/etc., emphasise your
support for SB 42 as proposed, with 25 year-old vehicles being exempted
from smog checks.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center