Midget madness or Oriental vacuums

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget madness or Oriental vacuums
From: elkhart@juno.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:28:30 EST
I had thought to address this attraction to certain
bulging LBC parts. Though this may be a
legitimate concern, I feared that even bringing up
the topic might offend some of the more pious of
us that are still around.
Utility is certainly a valued trait in anything. Trade
offs are something we all make in order to live in
a real world. How we choose to make these
judgements is shown by our lifestyle (be it ever so
humble). An attraction to old shoes may be cheaper
and have lots of sole but might not fit the needs of
a sports car enthusiast. Fieros and Miatas may have
their place but will doubtful replace the sheer pleasure
of driving an MG. ( I can say that on this list. Can't I?)
Anyway I am sure that anyone who has caught a sock
in a cheap plastic vacuum sweeper can understand
what I am talking about.
Tomorrow at 6am I am calling the wrecker for my '72
Midget. My hat is off to all the MG folks that have kept on.

Just plain Phil