re: Triumph Heralds

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Triumph Heralds
From: kbedford@biggles.uk03.bull.co.uk (Keith Bedford)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 12:03:27 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
        Jim Boyd was asking about Triump Heralds, I owned a couple (twenty
years ago.
1959 was very early for a Herald, mine were made in the mid-60's. If Jim's car
really is 59 in might be quite rare.
the first came with 948cc engines, the rarest being the fastback Coupe version
with twin carbs.
The main versions were the 12/50 (round bonnet front, 1147cc, 50BHP) and 13/60
(angled bonnet, 1296cc, 60BHP). Convertibles were quite common (both mine were).
The engines were single-carb LC versions of the Spitfire equivalents, many
other bits were common too.
Check the (seperate) chassis is rust-free, this could be the hardest to
replace.
I couldn't predict a value, I'm sure you couldn't make a profit restoring it
unless it was an early coupe.

They are cute-looking cars, but I'd not want to own another....

Cheers,
        Keith
--
  Keith Bedford                         keith.bedford@uk03.bull.co.uk