Smog Bill

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Smog Bill
From: Stefanie Davis <stefanie@bpe.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:07:09 -0800
Hi everyone...

California residents--
I've been emailing my representatives for the past few weeks regarding SB
42 and got a great response from senator Quentin Kopp which follows:

        Dear Ms. Davis:

                Thank you for your letter expressing support of Senate
        Bill 42 which would provide some measure of relief to classic
        car owners.

                I believe that the relatively modest number of vehicles
        older than 25 years and the operating characteristics of such
        vehicles provide a firm basis for the smog check exemption
        proposed in my legis-lation.  As I have stated on numerous
        occasions, I will endeavor to ensure a fair, effective and
        convenient smog check program.  I will need the support of like-
        minded people such as yourself, because the Governor's Air
        Resources Board and Department of Finance announced their
        opposition to the bill.

                SB 42 was approved by the Senate March 20th, 32-0.  It
        is expected to be heard in the Assembly Transportation Committee
        after the Legislature returns from Spring recess in April.

                Once again, thanks for your interest and support.  If
        you require additional assistance or information, just notify me
        accordingly.

                                        Sincerely yours,

                                        QUENTIN L. KOPP