top problems -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: top problems -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 15:08:20 -0500
Ah, Mr. Young, you have a bit of a growth in your cheek.  No, wait, it's
just your tongue.  But since you've brought up the subject...

Here in North Carolina the summers are quite warm and humid, and the
afternoons tend toward thunderstorms.  For that reason, I'm looking for
solution which includes keeping the hood with the car at all times.

Having just bought my first MGB (A '74) I'm trying to find the technique
to stow the hood behind the seats without damaging the nearly pristine
rear window.  Is there anyone who wants to try to give instructions in
this medium?

>>> Howard Young <HYOUNG@dhhmail.dhh.state.la.us> 03/21/97 02:29pm >>>
i have found the best way,along with others i note, to keeping the back
window from damage and to avoid all the other top problems (i have had
only 2 B conv.,allthe rest are GT's,and i even did this w/the parts car:
remove the 3(4?) screws on each side of the cockpit that hold the top
frame to he car ,put hthe nicely folded top assy. behind the garage door
or better yet in the attic ...............as long as you don't shut thee
door on it, it will remain like new..........get a good tonneau
cover.......  Enjoy, HoYo