Stuck Clutch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stuck Clutch
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 23:07:02 -0500 (EST)

From: Don McLellan <dmclella@netrover.com>

I found a 70 MGB lurking in an ol barn (for about 15 years) and have rescued
it.  It has

36,000 miles and is in reasonable condition.  I've replaced the clutch slave
and kitted

the master but the clutch still won't disengage.  I suspect it's frozen
(driven  plate

to flywheel)  Question to the masses is... how would you un-stuckit?

Don,

Try this , Make sure you have plenty of room. Jack up the rear end, place the
car in gear and with the clutch pedal depressed and the engine reved have
someone push the car off the jack. (or else drop the jack) This puts all the
strain on the frozen clutch and will break it lose.

Bob,
71 MGB