Re: Windsheild Replacement?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Windsheild Replacement?
From: Chris Schroeder <rcs@centrec.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:44:02 -0600
Rick,

I just removed and reinstalled the windshield from my wife's 76 B and I'd
recommend that you do take the facia off.  While it is possible to remove
the bolts without removing the facia, you'll never get it back on with the
facia in place.  If you do, you'll likely cross-thread the mounting bolts.

Removing the facia is not a difficult job, just requires a bit of patience
and allow plenty of time.

Good Luck,
Chris

At 10:18 PM 3/22/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Any one have any experience replacing a cracked windshield?
>Mine was just cracked by a rock while taking advantage of the top down
weather
>this weekend in Texas. Is replacing the galss something a reasonably adept
>individual can do?
>
>The Hynes Ownership Workshop Manual mentions removing the facia to get to the
>windshield bolts. Is this necessary? They seem to be exposed already.
>
>Rick :-)
>80 MGB LE

Chris Schroeder
'75 TR-6 ( http://users.net66.com/~rcs/tr-6.htm )