Weber DCOE Troubles

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber DCOE Troubles
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:17:40 EST
To the gentleman who let his son buy a Sprite:

Suggestion 1:  Have your son verify that the "Cold Start Lever" is in the
fully closed position.  This can be ascertained by pushing the lever
towards the front of the car, assuming the carb is mounted on the
driver's side.

Suggestion 2:  According to the Haynes Weber Techbook, the following are
all potential reasons for uneven idling:

   Leaking manifold
   Loose idling jets
   Excessive sediment or water in carb
   Starter valves not seating
   Starter device not returning  (see #1 above)
   Throttle spindle dust covers broken.

Finally, I assume he doesn't carry a spare set of SU's.  Now you know
what to get him for Christmas this year.  Let me know if you have any
more questions.  I have the whole Weber section committed to memory.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

"I expected to see pictures of naked girls.  Only you would have that."
Quote from my mother, after seeing the exploded diagram of the Weber
32/36 DGV on my bathroom wall.