Oil leak at idle

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil leak at idle
From: "John H. Gindlesberger" <jhgindle@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:39:12 -0500
Last fall Idid a rebuild of my 68B engine and it turned out well, except
for a minor problem.  It seems that when sitting at idle, oil leaks from
the lower side of the engine.  It may be coming out of the dipstick hole,
but I'm not sure.  It does seem tobe on that side of the engine, however.
It has about 60lb pressure at speed and nearly that at idle.  Could the oil
pressure relief valve be sticking?  Has anyone out there "been there and
done that"?