Suspension update, Misc stuff

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Suspension update, Misc stuff
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:31:24 -0800
William Eastman wrote:

Thanks to a few late nights, I almost have my front suspension back
together.  I have everything attached but one brake caliper.  Stopped their
because the lock washers were inside and It was too late to go back out to
the garage.

I loaded my grease gun with gear oil and started pumping it into my
steering rack.  That helped a little so I tried again using 20W50 Castrol.
The rack moves pretty freely now but it makes a farting sound from air
escaping somewhere.  Just before I went inside I notices some oil on the
floor so I am thinking that I overfilled it and maybe blew out one of the
boots.

William:
I been there, done that.  After wiping up the garage floor one too many times,
for the
past five years I've just been pumpin' good ole multipurpose grease into the
steering
rack of my TD.  Just don't overfill it (hold a boot gently and you'll feel if
it
overfills.  Work the rack back and forth to spread it out.  Works for me.

Mark
'53  TD (supercharged!)