Re: Dash coverlay adhesive ?

To: Rick Whitney <rwhitney@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Dash coverlay adhesive ?
From: Sally Schlining <schlining.m.w@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:38:16 -0500
Rick Whitney wrote:

> B. Glass wrote:
> >  The question is what kind of adhesive to use. One thought is to use an
> >  epoxy , but with the heating cooling cycle expanding and contracting the
> >  epoxy might crack and fail. Would RTV silicone be a better choice since
> >  this would be more flexible. I have given the dash a thourgh cleaning to
> >  remove any Armorall or oils.
>
> My dash cover came with GE silicone adhesive.
> Seemed to work ok.
>
> Rick :-)
> 80 MGB LE

GE Silicone is ok but if you have a black dash overlay and any of the
silicone seeps out, clear silicone looks like bluish, transparent slugs
are growing out of your dash - and usually in a place you will NEVER be
able to trim it off.  Toss the clear that it comes with and buy black of
the same type.

Sally Schlining

57 MGA Coupe
65 Corvair Corsa