Spridget wide tires

To: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Subject: Spridget wide tires
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:23:12 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Tom Shirley wrote:

> I have a Datsun 5 speed conversion in my 71. It uses a kit from
> Rivergate Restoration Products. It is an excellent conversion
> kit. The car tachs about 3500 at 65 mph. I've got 185 60 13s for tires.
> Taller tires would lower the rpms. As for the stiff rear mount rumors,
> everything feels fine in my Midget. Contact Rivergate at
> 102335.2063@compuserve.com

Tom,
You mention 185/60-13 tires.  Is you car a square wheel arch car?
What size rims are you running and did you have to modify the wheel arches
to make this fit?
I loved this tire size on previous cars, but I assumed that it wouldn't
fit the rear of the square-arch Spridget with say a 5.5" rim.

                                                           '67 Sprite