Re: Spridget Tranny Conversions

To: Ofaat@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spridget Tranny Conversions
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 09:18:24 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 29 Mar 1997 Ofaat@aol.com wrote:

> Any of you who have done the Datsun conversions should be able to answer this
> simple query.  I was in a junkyard today picking up some bits to convert my
> 62 Midget from downflow rad to a crossflow (needed the overflow reservoir and
> shroud) when I came across a Datsun B310.  Can this tranny be used in lieu of
> the 210 are they the same?  Any and all replies are much appreciated.  Oh by
> the way, I knocked off a whopping 25-30 degrees from the engine temp (the
> downflow was tired).

Christian,
I am not aware of a Datsun B310.  Was this a typo and you mean B210?
If you do in fact mean B210, I have heared of people using this trans ,
but the kit from Rivergate Restoration Products (and sold by Mini Mania as
well) uses the 210 tranny.  To find out whether the B210 could be used
with modifications, contact Bill Perry at RRP.

                                                           '67 Sprite