FS: MGB STUFF

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FS: MGB STUFF
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 13:11:37 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_01BC3C42.BBD5F280

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 10:48:32 -0800
From: cja <cja@basinlink.com>
To: mowogmg@dynanet.com
Subject: mgb stuff

I see you're into mg's.  I have two item's for sale.  If you know of
anyone who might be interested, would appreciate it if you'd pass on my
address.  Thanx in advance.
For sale:  1970 MGB.  British racing green, black interior, roadster.  I
have owned since 1971.  Paint, interior, glass and chrome are all
original and very good.  All suspension, brakes, hydraulics, exhaust
have been rebuilt within the last 4-5 years.  Engine is rebuilt with
standard-bore, not the original block.  Has headers and Weber downdraft
conversion; otherwise stock.  Suspension is stock except tube-shock
conversion front & rear.  Has a black aftermarket hardtop, and original
toneau cover.  I have the frame for the soft-top, but don't have canvas
(softtop was a 2-piece rig in 1970).  Car is 4-speed, runs very well.
Has 62000 original miles.  Has always been in Calif. or Texas, always
covered or garaged, hence good condition and almost zero rust (exception
being the battery frames, which always rot.  In this case, one frame is
gone, the other one still good.  I have a single 12-volt battery fitted,
instead of 2 6-volts; this is a common conversion).  I have $10000 in
this car, I'm asking $5000, but I'm open to offers.
Second item for sale:  Dellorto DHLA-45c side-draft carb, with aluminum
manifold for MGB.  Fits all years, but must be used with tube headers.
This carb is essentially identical to Weber side-draft; uses same jets,
etc.  Has not been modified in any way; used only a few hours, then put
up on the shelf.  Comes with manual and parts list, also catalog source
for jets.  I paid $400, asking $200 firm.  This is a good carb for a
modified or competition engine - not really suited to use on street
(although many are used on street B's).
Good luck with your MGB, and may the Prince of Darkness (Lucas) never
cross your path!
                                                  Chuck Avery
------=_NextPart_000_01BC3C42.BBD5F280--