Re: SPAX adjustable shocks

To: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@odin.cbu.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SPAX adjustable shocks
From: "Bill Lattimer" <m22@skypoint.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 08:00:09 -0600
> I replaced these my rear lever shocks with a set of the SPAX rear tube
> shocks about 4 months ago.
>
> Any questions, complaints, flames.  Please feel free.

I switched to the SPAX shocks about 2 years ago with no complaints from my
"auto-x on Sunday, drive on Monday" 1970 MGB.  I did find that a) the car
handles best set to "14" for auto-x on the fat tires, but best on "1" or
"2" with the skinny wires.

Also, keep an eye on the fronts for a bit after you install them.  I have
had some problems with the brace loosening with time.  Note also that there
seem to be two kits: one with just two bolts holding the top shock mount
on, and one with an additional brace - make SURE you get the 3-bolt kit.