The Austin has landed/What it is

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Austin has landed/What it is
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:57:31 -0600 (CST)
I was telling you about my newest acquisition, a 1958 Austin, I got it
home from Vermont to Long Island today. Played hide and seek with the
snow storm, were experiencing here in the N.E. USA, all afternoon. It
would catch me but I would get away before the roads were to severe.
Just called Vermont to assure them I made it home alright and the roads
are no longer passable now.

It appears I have found a jewel. This car is an A95 Countryman which
was customed ordered by a fellow in the states for sister in UK. It was
ordered left hand drive. Used a few months in Europe then shipped to US
where it was used only two more years. It as 17,000 miles on it. It's
in excellent condition with the exception of floor boards. I expect
that some time in it's storage history it sat with contact to the
ground. It primary purpose it it's Forty years appears to have been a
mouse hotel. Leather is perfect as is carpet excepting hole I think was
used as front door for the hotel.

I love this car and look forward to driving it.

I thought I got a lot of looks, from the people I share the road with,
while driving the B. Turned alot of heads with this thing on the
trailer today. I'll keep you posted as work begins and progresses. If
anyone has ever seen one of these anywhere please let me know, I don't
believe they were ever exported to US by Austin.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch