Dwade's brake problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dwade's brake problem
From: PlesFarm@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 00:25:53 -0500 (EST)
Hi Dwade and fellow list members. I'm new to the list; however, I've probably
encountered most every problem known to haunt owners of the fruits of Lucas
Technology and BMC engineering. About twelve years ago I pulled a derelict
and deflated '63 MG1100 out of a horse pasture where it had sat for a number
of years. It had been booted from atop a hill to that resting place from a
junk yard. I'm proud of this car because I found it when I was a young man
and had no money to spend on it's restoration. I still have not spent any
money on it, but, it's on the road! and I hope to keep it there. Getting to
Dwade's brake problem- I rebuilt my clutch and brake master cylinders a short
while ago and found I could not get brake pressure no matter how much pumping
and bleeding I did. After much frustration and exhaustion, I finally pulled
out the trusty Shop-Vac and adapted it to the right rear brake bleeder valve
 by means of a plastic film container and length of  clear aquarium tubing. I
used a two by four to hold the brake pedal down (after pumping) and once I
saw fluid coming through the tube, I was home free! This may be a last resort
effort, but everything I do with this car is. I hope this helps you,  or
someone else.  I'm sorry you guys in CA have so much trouble with emissions!
I think I would opt for tuning down and then re-tuning as the laws obviously
omitted LBC's.
Thanks for your time. Anyone having suggestions on how to keep hydrolastics
afloat, please E-mail me at plesfarm@aol.com. Thanks again, Thomas Hicks