Re: Seat rail replacement

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seat rail replacement
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 20:41:54 EST
On Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:48:42 -0500 (EST) GOFASTMG@aol.com writes:
(snip)
>  Before attempting to modify a non standard part to fit, remove the
>seats
>and take a good look at the original rails.
>>  Actually it probably takes longer to talk about it than it does to
>actually do it. A good Saturday afternoon project.

>Rick  :>)

I have to take issue with this - I certainly agree with what you say
about 'what' needs to be done but personally i would put reassembling the
seat rails and locating them in the right spots with a seat attached as
one of the most infuriating and time consuming activities in interior
restoration!!
I have done numerous of these and still have no good solution to dealing
with 4 spacers, two wooden rails, two runners and attendant hardware plus
a heavy seat, none of which are connected until the bolts are in ergo -
none of which will stay lined up.... blah blah blah.............. sorry,
lost it there - seriously, if anyone does have a procedure they have
found easy for this job i would love to hear it.
Oh....nearly forgot...two seats, eight bolts, guaranteed one wont go back
hehe

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT ("seat-job" this summer)