RE: HS6-intake manifold for MGB

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <pplusb@northlink.com>
Subject: RE: HS6-intake manifold for MGB
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:21:10 -0400
>A few hours later, I was telling this tale to a friend who
>offered me a pair of HS6's-he's found a pair of Weber
>side drafts for his TR4!

... ;^)

>Question: do I need a new manifold or new spacer
>blocks or what to adapt the HS6'sn to my '67????

Yes to both ... actually a suppose that you could modify
the HS4 manifold to accept the HS6s (Barney any ideas?),
but the hassle is the difference in the bolt pattern between
the HS4s and the HS6s (the former is fitted with two bolts
per carb while the later is fitted with 4 bolts per carb) and
sizing of the balance tube.

>Equally important, WHERE can I get what I need?
>HELP!!!

A reproduction of the original Special Tuning cast manifold
is available from Burlen (SU) in the UK ... Seven Enterprises
and several of the other US vendors carry this bit.  APT, in
the US, has a tubular manifold that is claimed to be a bit
better than the cast manifold.

>Anybody out there had any experience along these lines?
>What improvements can I expect??

I *think* that fitting the HS6s will result in a slight improvement
at the very top with a significant flat spot at the low end.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com