Re: The MGC and the Crank Pulley (Long, Windy, etc.)

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: The MGC and the Crank Pulley (Long, Windy, etc.)
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Todd Mullins!!

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Todd Mullins wrote:

> When discussing Loctite, be careful in specifying which color you use.
> I once bought some Loctite which was designed to allow pieces to be
> disassembled with hand tools.  It came in a red tube, but the actual
> goop was blue.  I then heard that the reverse was true:  the "red"
> Loctite comes in a blue tube (is this really true?).

All the LockTite we use at work comes in red bottles.  The label has a
large colour dot on it, denoting the "grade", as well as a number, which
seems to denote the actual strength of the material.

> I assume, Kirk, that you're speaking of the goop color and not the tube
> color?

That's a big rodger; the blue LockTite is blue in the bottle, and cures
to a light pink.  Why?  I don't have any idea, all I know is that this
stuff really works for us (millwrights) in a rather demanding industrial
setting.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen