Only marginal LBC content.

To: Clark Chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Subject: Only marginal LBC content.
From: The English Connection <engconn@pot.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 19:02:53 -0400
Clark Chilton wrote:

> NO LBC CONTENT, BUT...
>
> This is for amusement only.  If you want to take a break from under your
> LBC for a smile and some LBT's and some GBT's (you will understand after
> you look) tune your internet scanner to
> www.thatguy.com/splash
> for some top down (add up) action at Disneyworld.
>
> Funny what people will do to please the mouse!
>
> Clark Chilton
> 80 MGB LE-Cibyl
> 96 Black Lab-Courtney

Seeing the story from Mr Profreke re an individual caught in a most
unfortunate predicament, and reading all the comments about top down
motoring, reminds me of the time, many years ago in London, when I was
returning from an away Rugby match. For those of you not familiar with
it, the game of Rugby is really a social occassion split into two
distinctive parts, 1st, the match, and, 2nd., the sociallizing (sic,
read drinking and wenching) after the game is finished.

The poorly equipped charabanc carrying the team back home was stuck in
the mother of all traffic jams near Picadilly Circus, and had not moved
for a quarter of an hour.  Several of the team members were desperate
for the bus to arrive at it's destination so they could head for the
toilets at high velocity. But one most unfortunate individual was in
dire straights and on the point of exploding.  I suggested he utilise
one of the beer bottles from which he had drunk, but he explained he had
used all the ones he could find, and was now in even greater need.

In desperation, he went to the back, stood on a seat, opened a window,
and relieved himself copiously into the night air.  Unfortunately, a
young blood about town, sitting in his beautifully polished MGB, with
the top down, and accompanied by a most luscious blonde (which, when you
think about it, was probably why the top was down on a chilly night) was
also alongside the bus, stuck in the same jam, and the cries of horror
and anguish could have been heard in Trafalgar Square.

The driver leapt out of the B and commenced banging on the bus's door,
but fortunately, the miscreant was able to persuade the driver that the
person was just some wierd drunk, and no purpose would be swerved by
opening the door, and letting him in.  I believe to this day that driver
saved a very ugly situation from occuring.

Geoff Love.