Re: BCH?

To: JstBob@aol.com
Subject: Re: BCH?
From: The English Connection <engconn@pot.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:34:55 -0400
JstBob@aol.com wrote:

> Steve Bartley
> In a message dated 4/11/97 4:54:09 PM, you wrote:
>
> >As a setup foreman in a machine shop, we always use the CH measurement scale
> >in adjusting stops on machines. Whenever we have to move a slightly larger
> >distance then the normal CH we usually go a LBO, or Long Blonde One. As a
> >professional, I just wanted you guys to know about this one, as it is part
> of
> >a national standard scale, and should be used whenever possible.
>
> Thats strange we always considered a LBO as a smaller move than the normal
> CH.
> As natural blonde is normally finer, but then it could be bleached!
>
> Bob, 71 MGB

As a professional in a machine shop, dealing with the finer points of
metals, are you also aware of the Kinnell scale of hardness as applied
to metals in the same fashion as is the Rockwell scale?

I am told it originated when a Scottish engineer accidently dropped a
large casting from a chain hoist, and, when it landed on a sharp object
and dented it, he was heard to exclaim "Ochkinnell".

Geoff Love